1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

z force is out, down to gravely or exmark quest

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by smitty012, Mar 27, 2007.

1. smitty012

smitty012 LawnSite Member

I have ruled out the cub z force and I am down to Gravely or Exmark Quest. I am probably going to go with the exmark, anybody have any opinions on the new Quest ? thanks.
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Which Gravely are you thinking of buying? Then we can compare that to the Exmark.
  3. smitty012

smitty012 LawnSite Member

I was looking at the gravely zt 2044 or 48. I am cutting my yard, about an acre, another property about 3 acres, and would like to pick up a few more yards, not many though as I work full time as a police officer, and with the 12 hour shifts, I have alot of days off and just looking for a small part time business, which is why I am leaning towards the Exmark, although I do like the Gravely also. About a $ 650.00 difference, both available from the same dealer.
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am sure either brand of those homeowner machines would do a good job for you. Gravely has a 2 year warranty. I am not sure what the Exmark has. Maybe you can get a demo, or at least try them out on the parkng lot to see how they handle before buying. you might like the "feel" on one better than the other.
  5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

6. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

The Hustler FasTrak will give you a 4yr warranty parts and labor with lifetime warranties on the front of the deck and frame. The 07 model has the new commercial drive system and site guages built into the fuel tanks.

The Quest is a first year model. Hopefully they wont stumble like they did with last years Triton deck.

The Hustler FasTrak has been proven for years. Don't rule out the black and gold.
  7. akridge6

akridge6 LawnSite Member

Just purchased a 24/52 quest and i love it. It cuts extremely well and even in wet grass. I was looking at the fastrak as well and the ride on the quest was better plus i was able to get it for 4750.00 out the door. The fastrak has more accessories than the quest, but that is because it is new. I say "Go Red."
  8. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

Wonder why z force is out? I cut with the 50" all last summer about 20 lawns, no problems. The price is right, maybe look at the new enforcer!