Z HP Problems!!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Cutter1, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my lasers, I have 3, but my one has been a nightmare this year, not just with it being down, but a dent in my wallet!!! 1500 hours on it, the engine blew. (23 Kaw), 100 hours later, first pump went, 100 more hours, the next pump. the other day, noticed my wheel was LOOSE. Not the the lug nuts but the four bolts that hold the hydro motor on. Since it was loose, it put extra strain on two hydro lines and made them blow. so far this year I have a good $3500+ into it. Not to happy with Kaw. If its only going to make it 1500 hours, might go to Kohler even though I love the Kaw and the power it has. and of course the warranty was up. Runs good now, basically a brand new mower. I have 2000+ hours on it now.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cutter1,

Hopefully youÂ’re back in business for a while. Just an FYI usually when I see a high pressure hydro line fail it either does it very early and the cause is a bad fitting. This is extremely rare. Actually it's been maybe a couple of years since I've seen one.

On older machines the failure is almost always long term cumulative wear caused by the hoses either rubbing the frame somewhere or rubbing against each other. These types of failures are rare as well but you may want to inspect the other side for any wear on the hoses themselves.

It's probably a pretty good idea to inspect the 4 high pressure hoses annual for wear just to be safe.

Thanks

Terry

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

actually I have had a few lines fail on me. THe last one had a reason, but the two before no real clear reason.