Z levers?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jackman, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

On my Lazer Z the levers are touching each other which makes smooth operation difficult at times, Shimed them out 1/4 inch each worked for awhile but now theyre starting to touch again. I can't seem to find the worn part ,any thoughts as to what I can do to solve this problem?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jackman,

There are only a few items that can cause the situation you currently have.

The first one is bent drive levers. The second and third items are the silver or gold blocks that the drive levers bolt to and the bolts that act as "stops" when you swing the levers in and out. These bolts can wear as well as the block itself. Simply changing the bolts is often all that is needed. The only real issue is that these bolts are very difficult to get at depending upon when your machine was built and whether or not it has the removable console. If you want to remove the blocks and replace them as well you certainly can however it is a difficult.

I've also seen guys simply lay a bead of weld on the wear point of the block. I've also seen guys simply bend the drive levers out. This actually works pretty well as a temporary fix unless there is interference with the console on the inboard side.

Give me a call if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Terry, I was hopeing you would not suggest the blocks and stop blolts as I already had that in mind but it looks like a pain to do. Ill try new bolts and turn the blocks around as there is a very slight groove where the block meets the bolt, the bolts them self dont look worn but that may look differant once theyre out....

Thanks Jack

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jack,

Just an FYI, I've also seen a few Lazer with the drive levers bent in a little. I'm not sure how it's happening but you may want to take a close look at them before replacing the bolts/blocks. I've even bent these out slightly to compensate for the wear on the blocks once or twice when a guy needed a quick fix.

Thanks,

Terry

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Terry thanks for the tip , the levers did not appear to be bent but they were I was at the dealer the othere day and asked about the levers and he just grabs one and gives it a couple of tugs and presto problem solved. It sure improves the controlabilty of the mowers when the levers dont touch...

Thanks Jack