Z Lights

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JHE, Jun 7, 2004.

1. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

Alright PJ I give up. I purchased a full size Z and took delivery a couple of weeks ago. I already ordered a OCDC and I am interested in a light kit but want to see its mounting location and some specs on watts and amps. I have done searches on the threads and have crawled all over the Hustler web site but cannot find a photo or details. However, I do understand that a light kit is available for the regular Z. Can you please post some photos and details. If anyone out there has one of these kits could you please give some feedback on how you like the factory light kit. Thanks all!

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I read that the lights were not reccomended because of the amps they draw. I could be wrong. Maybe that was just on the Super Z.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I do not have a picture of the lights on my computer, I need to get one, I will work on this tomorrow.
    You can use the lights on any Z or FasTrak we make, we dont want them used on the Super Z's due to the added amp draw with the additional hydro cooler fan.

Pj

4. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

imograss - that is what I recalled reading but after doing a search I found the following thread from PJ:

There is a Hustler light kit available for the Mini Z, Hustler Z and FasTrak, we do not recommend them for any of the Super Z's or ATZ's, due to the amp draw on the system, the Super Z is running a electric fan in addition to the electric clutch and charging the battery all at the same time.

Pj

5. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the answer and thanks for burning the midnight oil! I look forward to seeing the pictures on this. Can you also try and get some detail on the amps/watts - just trying to figure out how bright these things are. Thanks again.

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is a picture of the light kit on a FasTrak, this is all I have to post for now.
    It mounts the same and is positioned the same way on the Hustler Z and Mini Z.
    I do not have the specs on the light kit, I will see what
    I can do about getting that info ASAP.

fastraklights.jpg

7. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick responses.