Z-Master 60 Bagger problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tstenerson, Jul 18, 2007.

1. tstenerson

tstenerson LawnSite Member

This is my mower, the bagger plugs easy on thick grass... I have had it serviced many times and it is still an issue. Any thougts or is it a poor design?

Toro Z-60-2 (3).jpg

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Where does it clog?? is that snow? that dont help:laugh: :)

3. tstenerson

tstenerson LawnSite Member

Down at the base. I called to add a blower there and they said no way could that be done.

If I only take 1 inch off it works great, problem is that never happens.

4. John Gamba

from ct

I know you are going to fast for the mower to bag the thick stuff. they can only proses so much at one time.

Hows your exhaust screen??

If you cut the grass then bag,it can help.

5. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

My, Toro 52" 30hp bagger clogs in tall grass. I go slow, high rpms. I think the design of the deck with that adjustable chute doesn't help. When the grass is wet the mower sucks. Even dry grass the vaccuum system 'sucks' . I only use the bagger in the spring and for leaves in the fall.

This year I use gator blades, which help a little bit. But the fresh cut grass seems to bind together in the vaccuum or sometimes in the chute itself. Sometimes I have to get off the mower and clear the blockage every few minutes. That makes for a fun time. Very dry grass is not a problem for the system.
    I wish there was a better system. These Toro's are a lot of money to buy. They cut great, but the bagger system needs improving.

6. John Gamba

from ct

Is the impeller on the top of the hopper running at full rpm's?? is the screen easily clogged??

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

dont have any words of wisdom but that is one NICE looking mower!!!!

8. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

After almost purchasing a DFS for my Toro Z150 this spring, i was given others opinions. One guy described the DFS as it "sucks" but not the way should. He said that the bagging system relied too much on the deck. I'm glad i didn't purchase one! I will only need a bagger for spring and fall clean ups but will be buying a two bin bagger (ultra vac) within the next two months. Also, gator blades may help. -Mitch-

9. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

Can you post a pic of the other side of the mower? Need to see the chute set-up.