Z Master price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I was just told by a dealer that he had a special deal on a Toro Z Master 23 Kaw with a 62 deck. He said it was 7,400 plus tax. Is this really a super deal, I saw something in a previous post that makes me wonder. I am begining to think that this guy is not all that forthright. He said the same machine normally sells for $8,500. Is that out of wac, or an ok price?
    Thanks
    Jay

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I paid 7200 for my z master with a 25hp engine! I have heard the machine your talking about going for 6999.

3. Tony

Tony LawnSite Member

Is it a water cooled Kawasaki engine? The air cooled version is not yet available here with a Kawasaki engine.

Tony

4. Shady Brook

from Indiana

It is the air cooled engine. I did not think the liquid cooled were the ones available yet? Yeah Evan, I saw that price of 6,999 and I think one other with Tax included! These were in earlier posts, so not sure if they are true for now.
    Jay

5. shady brook is your dealer in grifith?

6. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Odin

Indeed he is, you too?

7. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

I payed $7300 for my 62" 23 hp LC they told me it listed for $8000.

Sounds like it could be a little high.

8. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

I still think you may be in error - Toro does not show a Kawasaki of any size air cooled for the 62" on their website. However, Exmark does, so if Toro has just started offering Kawasaki air-cooled, the price sounds pretty close - I paid 7060 for my 25hp Kohler 62", and that dealer was lower than several others. Also, my dealer tells me that the 2002 models will all have the foot deck lift assist standard but prices will be up $200.

9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

$200 increase for a 50 dollar part?

10. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

It is a $200 price increase for 2002 over 2001's, more of an inflation price increase rather than the standard part change. The Toro rep was there at the dealer at the time - I had just purchased the deck lift kit myself when the discussion came up. The rep made no comment, so I'm pretty sure the price increase of $200 for 2002 models is accurate (and not surprising to me) - and the part was $60 here.