z master tires and vac system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by workaholic, Dec 9, 2003.

1. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

have a toro z 17 h.p 44" deck does any one have traction problems with stock tread seem to always spin and tear lawns up. also need some feedback on toros twin bag vac system looks like you would have to empty every 5 minutes or less any help would be great.....

2. LAWNESCAPES

LAWNESCAPES LawnSite Member

I have a zmaster 350 w/bagger,I definitely have problems with spinning tires & or no traction. I also tend to slow down on turns but still manage to tear turf. Dealer stated I was using sticks in wrong direction.I have yet to master a zero turn because of possibility of tearing of turf.

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Yup same problems with no traction with mine also. I dont care how careful you are it still rips the grass.

4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a z-100 and mine tear up the turf extremly easy. I can't seem to figure out what is making it do that.

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of info on this subject if you do a 'search'. Summation would probably be 'don't do zero turns on turf' use instead a three point turn', do it slowly and if at all possible use a solid surface for turning (driveway or sidewalk).
    BobR