z master tires and vac system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by workaholic, Dec 11, 2003.

1. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Would like to know what can be done to elimanate tire spinning with toro z 17 h.p 44" deck is it the stock tires? Also has anyone had experence with toros 2 bag cloth vac systems cost of vac is 1299.00 installed does it clog? do you have to empty it alot...

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I've got the same mower with the 18hp Kohler.When are you experiencing tire spinning?Only time my tires spin are when I jerk the lever too harshly or I'm on a slope.If I'm on the slope then ease off the lever where the tire is spinning and give more power to the opposite tire.Slow and easy.

3. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

The tires tend to spin when the machine has no weight in the back. I leave my bagger on all the time, and just remove the tube and blower when not bagging. On my lawns, the bags are not an issue in terms of getting in the way.

The bagger is great. It has cloged on me twice all of this season. Our spring clean ups were awefull beacuse we had early snow last year and did not get any leaves up. The bagger is fine, you just have to get used to what it likes. I find that one pass all the way uo, and another at 2-3 inch leaves a nice clean look.

The 17 hp is a little weak when doing 4 inches of leaves, or heavy spring growth. I talked to my dealer and the toro rep. My next machine, I will order the 23 Kawi in a crate, install it and sell the 17 or put it on a walk behind. The 52 inch deck will not work for me.

cnv0050.jpg

4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

last one was blower off'

here it is on the trailer

cnv0040.jpg