1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z or Super Z ???

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Ty Webb, May 22, 2006.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

Found a dealer with some left-over 2005 models. Has the Z (23 horse Kaw/60" deck) and a Super Z (25 horse Kaw and 60" deck). Both are last years model and they only have about $400 difference in price on it now. I mow about 3 acres once or twice each week. Is it worth it to spend $400 and get the few extra horses and nice stuff on the Super? I think the two extra horsepower and the seat would be worth it.

Any advice?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The seat alone is worth the money, let alone more hp.
  3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Super Z every time for that price difference. As PJ said, the seat alone makes the price difference negligable. The Super is faster, and will have a higher resale value if you were ever to sell.
  4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Hustler Z and love mine, however, if I had known that the seat, faster machine, higher HP engine would only cost me $400 more....no contest.

ps. bought mine as a left over too. No Super Zs left though.
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Please get the Super Z there is no comparison to be made, the Super is by far superior in every way. I have had several Super Z's and have operated the regular Z and believe me you could never go back after you have experienced the difference. I had a friend that I talked into buying a Hustler and he decided the regular Z would fit his needs, he thought. I bought a new 2005 27/60 and was telling him about it at church on a Sunday morning so he wanted to see the difference for himself, he came to my house on Monday morning and ran the mower for a while and went directly to Chad Whitley and traded for the 27/60 Super Z like mine.