Z-plugger and thats it?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Oct 17, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

I currently have about 25 accounts. I was looking at purchasing a brand new z-plugger for next year with the spreader and sprayer. Will i be able to do all applications with this unit or will i need a tank also?

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I would consider getting a Zspray and pulling a 42-48in aerator with it. it will pull better plugs and you will have a stainless steel frame plus and a better spread/spray setup!

3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Either machine would be a big investment for 25 accounts unless they are large.

4. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I rented a z-plugger this year, unless you have all flat properties (I sure don't) I found it very uneasy on hills and tight places...in short, way too much money, and I did'nt like it...that's my opinion and mine alone!!

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I dont have a plugr but a local company has one and they say the same thing. It just isnt as versitale as they hoped and it is very difficult on hills.
    I have a z-max for my commercial properties and love it. But for 25 accounts even a permagreen is a big investment. We didnt get our first rider until we hit 2 million square feet. and that was b/c I was solo at the time and wanted to speed up my production.

6. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

I am servicing about 600k but i am hoping to double or even triple that by next year. I am looking to pick-up two accounts alone ranging around 100k each. If i would not go with a unit like this what do you guys suggest then. I want to grow the business. So keep that in mind.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i love my plugr i dont even take my walkbehind with me anymore i take mine on almost anything
    it paid for itself in the first season

8. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

dusty,
    any trouble with the heavy weight aspect of the machine?
    could you get stuck or damage a soft lawn?
    how does it plug over uneven ground?

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Indy,

How is that working for you?

How does it do on inclines for power?

How much weight do you have on your aerator?

Thanks,

RC