z plugger on it's way

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 20, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

:blob3: i ordered the 36'' unit last mo. and they are shipping it in 10 days payup ....
    i have 10 lawns i need to price out...

does $15.00/m with a $110.00 min.per lawn/ dubble aeration seem like a good price starting point?
    ant

2. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations, you're going to love it. The other day I used mine on a back yard with a slope that would have been terrible with my Ryan V. I was a little worried at first but it did fantastic and was very controllable. my method is to put my front wheel on the edge of my last pass giving me basically a double pass when all said and done and it works great. Had some pictures taken of me on it a week or so ago, just haven't had time to post on my website yet. BTW, you're prices are somewhat high for what we can get here, but I realize our prices seem to be depressed compared to what other areas are getting. Call a couple of the bigger companies and get quotes to give you an idea for your area. Don't try to beat the lowballers on there prices. We have guys here advertising $40 for 10,000 sq ft. I don't even try to compete with them on price. One nice thing, when people see your new machine they know you're serious about the service.

3. NJemerald

NJemerald LawnSite Member
    from NJ

turfsurfer... Do you own the 36 or 48" unit?

I'm still undecided on which size machine to purchase...
    Not sure if the improved maneuverability would make up for a narrower width machine (for those occasional fenced in areas)!?

ant... For my area... your prices don't seem to far off. I've even heard of a few guys including seed for up around $20-$25/m

4. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 36" unit. most of my aerations are 5-15,000 sq ft. and the 36" seems to be a good fit. Also since I originally demoed the 36", I knew there wouldn't be any surprises with plug depth or maneauvering.

5. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

can you turn the zplugger while pulling cores? or do you have to lift the spoons to turn?

6. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

who makes the z plugger?

7. ant

z spray corp.

8. ant

what technique do you guys use? i am getting mine this week.
    ant

9. ant

should be here Monday ....

so far drummed up 23 lawns which =332,000 sf and a gross sales of $2975.00
    comes out to an average of 14,400 sf per lawn at $8.96 per 1000 sf.

10. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

sounds exciting i cant wait till i can validate getting one of those.
    do you plan on expanding your aerations or did you get that just to make it easier? why did you decide to go with the 36" instead of the 46"? just curious