Z Plugr and Sprayer Combo

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rob Spread & Spray, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

Has anyone bought the combo yet? Adding the spray unit to the plugr looks much more cumbersome.

Which unit have you guys bought and why did you choose that model out of the 3-4 they offer?

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

rob, a friend of mine has the pluger/spreader and loves it/.

3. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Rob,
    We've had that combo for a couple of years and we like it. It's nice to be able to use your z-plugr all season. We run it along with our 2 z-max sprayers. It's a little more cumbersome to use because it's longer, but not bad once you get used to it. Switching between the aerator and the sprayer can be a pain, but we usually only do it a few times a year.

4. Rob Spread & Spray

4 Ever- So you have 2 z-max AND the Plugr combo?

How small a lawn can you treat with the max?

Is there a big price difference between the 3 sprayers?

5. Forever Green Lawn

You can treat smaller lawns with a z-max if you have to, but it's better on larger areas. For small lawns we use perma-greens. For big jobs... the z-max has 'em all beat. As for cost, a new z-max is $8195.00 and the 46" z-plugr is $6795.00 plus $895.00 for the spreader attachment and $1095.00 for the tank attachment.

6. Rob Spread & Spray

4Ever: You have both then???

Seems like a no brainer to buy the Plur plus add ons. You get the best of both for another $600.

Does the Z Plugr with tank and spreader do as good a job as the Max on applications?

How do you transport all your stuff?

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Does it get tipsy with only one front caster?

8. Forever Green Lawn

Never had any problems with it getting tipsy. It's spreads and sprays just fine. The max has a wider spray pattern, but that's about it. I had the z-plugr before I bought the 2 maxs. I have one guy that runs the plugr and when he's done we swap in the tank and he helps on commercial jobs along with the 2 maxs. It's good to be able to use the machine all season, instead of only the spring and fall.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks.

Looking at all my fert/squirt choices, and being able to aerate with a machine would be great.

I just don't want to have any "yeah, but it's lousy at..______", know what I mean?

Thanks

10. Rob Spread & Spray

Yes I agree, would hate to have that much money just sitting most of the year.
    DO you have any pictures of how you transport? I am making some changes for next year and I am working on how we will be laying things out between the our Izusu Flat Bed, A Pick up and a 6x10 Enclosed Single Axle Trailer.