Z pulling to the left..?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mrk'sLawn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

What are the steps to adjusting the way a Z turns? When I go full speed my Phazer pulls to the left. Is there a simple fix for this? It's my first year in business and I don't know a great deal about them. Any help would be great. Thanks.:weightlifter:
  2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Mark, Ive had the some problem on mine i think since we bought it. My left control is acually loose and sometimes if on a steep hill if u try to turn left the wheel just spins so i gotta get it fixed, last time in May i just went and theres two bolts like "clamping" the control i just tightened them and then i was suprised bc it was able to cut straighter on its own and the controls lined up nicely. So check the bolts under the control and check them out. Hope This Helps! -Mitch-
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Also check the air pressure and make sure you dont have a ''low tire''

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. The low tire is the most common culprit. Always the first thing you should check. Now, you don't go by air pressure, you go by tire circumpherence. Lift the back of the mower up, and use a soft tape measure (like for tailoring) or a piece of string works by marking it. Moke sure you stay on the outside of the treads so you get an accurate reading from both sides.