1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z Question ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottb, Jun 5, 2002.

1. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Ok here is a question about the Z mowers any brand. Is the height of the steering sticks or whatever you want call them adjustable. Another words can the height or length be changed.
    May seem silly to some but I have very little experience what I do have is on a Toro and I just didnt feel comfortable. Maybe my arms are to short but I could barely keep them on the arm rest.
    Thanks for any help.
  2. You don't use the arm rests much.

If you have your arms on the rest you aint going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have some adj to them. Not much for height.

If you are a little machanicly inclind they have lots of adj.
  3. scottb

4. Exmark is hard to beat.

That's why John Deere buys their mowers. Then sticks that 7 iron deck under there.

Stand-up they bought the company, Great Dane.

Mid mount ZTR they buy from Kees.

Humm what else do they buy?

JD comes in at about a hard 10-15 with Exmark at number 1.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Not only are the EXmarks adjustable in height, but I have a friend of mine that has a bit of a front cargo condition (if you know what I mean) that custom bent his bars so that they were further forward, allowing him to even back UP when he mows. He couldn't do that before, the mower would only crawl backwards because the sticks, for some reason, wouldn't go far enough back for him.
  6. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Runner, please forgive me for laughing!:laugh: On eXmark's, the HEIGHT of the sticks are adjustable and as runner said, they can be adjusted horizontally using the conventional method! Not to mention the newer eXmark seats have height adjustable arm rests as well....
  7. scottb

Thanks for the replies yes i do like Exmark just hope I can afford one when I buy. To me not knocking any other brand as they are all good for somthing. The exmark is the best looking mower on the market not that that means anything but it sure would look good behind my F250. I have a TEXmark walkbehind so Iam well aware of there striping abilites.
    Again thanks for the replies.