Z Rider converts to WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jones, Jun 13, 2001.

1. jones

jones Banned
    from Ontario

Asking for a friend who does apt. complexes about the DR Converta Mower. This is a commercial 48 dual hydro floating Z rider with a 17 twin Kohler that converts without tools in seconds to a WB. I know DR is generally homeowner stuff but he says DR claims this is commercial grade and they have LCO's backing them up. According to DR you just press one lever to convert to WB. Anyone seen, heard about or used one?

2. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Sounds alot like the Rich Manufacturing mower. Is it made by them for DR? Russ

3. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I just found this link. It looks like the Rich mower I have seen in the past. The deck seems to be a little different. Not sure if the deck is strong enough. Take a look.

countryhomeproducts

4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys test it out and let me know how it goes. :D

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed this mower last year, and was not very impressed with the machine. The hydro units were not very good and the control panel that moves from front to rear makes the machine very long and hard to steer in the walk behind mode. If it was my money,I would spend it on a 44 or 48 ztr that will go any where that machine will go and then some. Just my 2 cents worth.

6. jones

jones Banned
    from Ontario

jusmowin,
    You demoed the DR or the Rich?

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

sound like a lot of work went into it but if i had it id never use the walkbehind, i dont think.

8. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Jones, I demoed the Rich mower a year ago, and saw the DR mowwer at a trade show this winter and they are basicly the same mower except the deck. I still would go with a Z rider of quality If it was my money.

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I know two lco that have the rich convertible mowers, the first time I saw one I thought it was a good idea. Of the two lco`s with them, one has his setting on the trailer all the time, and when I see the other one, he is working on it all the time while his helper uses a walkbehind to mow the lawns. I think it would be a lot of money to spend if it didn`t work out, might be better with a ztr.

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I'm surprised Davis TLC hasn't replied to this. That was his main mower when he joined Lawnsite. I know he had a lot of trouble with it and had to have some welding done on it plus he had other problems. He now has a DC ZTR and I think he is going to use the Rich for applications.