1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

z spray and gate size?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shady Brook, May 13, 2004.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

How big of a gate can you safely get through with a z spray? Are the dimensions different between the z spray, and the jr? What kind of price are you fellas paying for these dream machines?

Thanks a bunch
    Jay

2. greenerpastures

greenerpastures LawnSite Member

You will need every bit of 54" for the z. The jr. is smaller in width. Last fall, one could be bought and shipped for less than 8K. So far, I have considered mine to be a very good value even at that price. They are built in Lebanon, In. so you should pay Tom a visit.

3. Dman1214

Dman1214 Banned

greener pastures, what is yout average lawn size? can you use the z on most of yours lawns, even the cut up ones?

4. greenerpastures

greenerpastures LawnSite Member

The vast majority of my accounts are acre+ estates, school property and some commercial properties. I do have my share of city lots which the z can do if the gates are wide. If that was the majority of my business, I would look at a z jr. Being that I operate in a fairly close radius to my shop, I still pull out the hose rig for a day and catch the small props all at once---or simply backpack/push them. Being that many of those estates have pool areas with narrow gates, I always have to carry a backpack and push spreader---it keeps me humble. The z does have an optional 50' hose reel to reach the really tough places.