Z-Spray Blower Mount Questions---looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ZSpray Info, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

We are looking for suggestions on a blower attachment for the back of the Z-Spray to remove fertilizer from driveways and sidewalks. Russ Browning from a local lawn care company here in Indianapolis has been patiently waiting for me to finish one for him. The configuration we are looking at would have a hand held blower mounted to one of the rear fert trays. Here are a few questions that would help us out.

1. What brand of hand held blower do you use?

2. What size blower do you use?

3. Would the blower need to be switched from side to side?

4. Would you want a permanent mount or removable?

5. Please list any other suggestions.

Thanks for your input.

Tom Rich
  2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Stihl for sure. Electric start. Make it blow to the front of the machine. Easier to guide.
  4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My suggestion would be a mountable laptop with bag holder that would print invoices and somehow attach them to the customers door.....

I have a feeling we may see some "My Z made me fat" threads next winter.
  5. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

To late my Z made me fat years ago :laugh::laugh: Andy added the big boy kit to my Z this spring (stiffer springs on the floor board) :p
  6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

good one, fat boy kit. the blower would be a great option as it is right now, i have a laborer with me all day just to blow off and hang signs in yards while we treat them, that could save money and time for sure. i am not sure the hand helds are powerful enough to do this with any speed, then again i dont use them(only backpack blowers here). are you thinkiing of a carrier rack like the rear fert bins with a slot fore the blower tube to exit but keep it firmly in place? that is what i got from your description and that would be easy enough and cheap. a permanent blower sounds heavy and more weight is not needed with these machines fully loaded, but sounds cool as heck.
  7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I was looking at adding one a while back and just dropped the idea.

I found that most of the time it was quicker as my second guy would already have everything blown off before I was done with the lawn.

On big areas I just strap my back pack on and GO!

I think it would be an AWESOME add on.

A removable Stihl would be awesome!

Thanks for all that you guys do! You have a ton of people sold on your unit! Keep up the great work!

8. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I want a flag holder, tee jet pistol holder, receipt canister, and a i Phone holder first.
    How bout a quick release specialty tank? Me no like cleaning tanks DUDE! It's a waste of time. Hand held blowers lack the power I need to properly clear lawn edges.
  9. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to build a flag holder, but they already have a quick release speciality tank. It will slide right in the fert tray and all you will need to do is hook up the quick release positive cable. When you sit it in the tray it will ground out from that so only need the one wire. It's awesome!

10. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe the speed bar needs to be split so both handles can be set individually. Two sets of four tips on the boom; one set for the specialty tank.