Z spray for golf course?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Athletic field, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Athletic field

Athletic field LawnSite Member

I talked to a local golf course. It's an 18 hole public course. Nothing fancy. They want an estimate to spray their fairways for dandelions ( no concerned about clover). They want a estimate per acre. It's a little hilly. I plan on using trimec.

I have a Z-max with foamer.
    I have the lavender tips, 40 psi at 5 mph. Rate: Third of a gallon per acre

What would you guys charge for something like this?
  2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

The same as you would charge for everything else.
  3. CrownLawnSvc

CrownLawnSvc LawnSite Member

$20-25 per acre for your spraying + product if you have to provide it.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Wow, That is LOW! :dizzy: With product I'd only be charging at most $28/ acre? No thanks! I'd have to have at least 3x that!
  5. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

What kind of course is this???they don't control weeds themselves. Find out all you can before submitting your bid so you can bid it accurately. Check the label for the recommended rates on bermuda fairways and if you will need anything to mix with to offset any yellowing that might occur.gl
  6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Round numbers: $60 per hour for yourself. Plus $60 per hour for the machine. Plus cost of weedo. No guarantee or redo in case of rain, unless they also have fall treatment. Try to get them to add fertilizer for about $25 per bag.

Dcgreen is right--they should know how to spray their own weeds--why did they ask you?
    30 acres. 2 acres per hour on average. About $2100 should cover it.
  7. Athletic field

A couple guys went in to buy it. I don't think they know much about agronomics. It's an 18 hole public course in rural western Pa. The course wasn't doing so hot when they bought it. They don't have much to make it really "nice". Irrigation only on greens and tees I don't know if they spray their greens or not? I am thinking about expanding services and thought I'd ask them about services of interest to them. I worked for a golf course service company before on the eastern part of the state. Thought I'd look for potential business in the area and the topic of spraying came up.
  8. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Man, make sure you get everything in writing before you do it. I am getting a bad feeling reading this story. If you like, I can explain what happened to me when I became the interim Sup. of a private club that had been sold. Just make sure you get your money and make sure that they are informed of everything that you are going to do.
  9. Athletic field

What's up? Do you think it will be tough getting paid?
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If these guys have 18 greens to care for, spraying the weeds on the fairways is the LEAST of their worries! :rolleyes: They better find and employ a superintendent FAST.