Z-spray guys

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Athletic field, May 25, 2008.

1. Athletic field

Athletic field LawnSite Member

I have a z-spray max, it's awesome.

Anyhow I have the lavender nozzles, run at 40psi, at 5mph, and have a foamer for larger areas (athletic fields and large yards) Obviously,depending on terrain maybe a little faster or slower. I am wondering within what percent error can you get (within 10% 15%..etc?) ? I understand on big areas that are not perfect squares there is more overlap. I have calibrated a few times and talked to the guys at LT Rich numerous times. Just wondering how accurate you guys are getting? I seem to be putting a little more down on the larger areas and right on for the smaller yards.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i found that same thing, i found i needed to up the speed to 6mph to get the right appp rate i am going for. i found that at his speed the hopper should be set at about 5.25 or so for about 4lbs per 1000 . hope this helps. 5mph i think was too slow and really just a recomended starting point for calibration of your machine. i love mine and it has seriously increased production. i was going out to do some today, but threat of rain may make me take off and enjoy the holiday for the first time in who knows!!!

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

oh yeah, overlap when using the foamer, spray too the foam, in other words, there should be like 12-18 inches between foam drops fro each pass to be correct in you are not doing so already. just a thought i had to help ensure better coverage for your machine. but i am using the 1/2 gal nozzles. i think they are red. other nozzles i am not sure of but i figure they spray about the same width as the rest

4. Athletic field

Athletic field LawnSite Member

Thanks grassman

I'm fairly accurate for the granular apps. For spraying I'm trying to get about 20 in. from the foam, nozzles are 20in apart on the boom. I guess I'll watch my spacing more and speed up the machine.