Z-Spray Handling

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grandview, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I took a Z-Spray for a test run today. It was the intermediate model. I found the controls cumbersome compared the my Permagreen Magnums. I found it difficult to control the fertilizer on/off, turn, and maintain my speed all at the same time. For guys with both machines. What are your thoughts? Does it just take time and practice? If you have both machines can you do a 10 K lawn just as fast with a Z? I like the Z's capabilities but not sure about its handling?

2. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I've chimed in here many times about my z-max.
    I do have both machines. PG & Z.
    The PG almost never goes out anymore.

In fact, I just finished spraying over 350,000 ft of beds off the hose reel.
    'had one hand on the controls and one holding a spray wand.
    IT WAS VERY EASY TO DO.
    It also beat the heck out of using a back pack sprayer or pulling out the old 200 gal lesco sprayer and pulling hose.

Give it serious consideration.
    Once you get accustomed to each other you will run that thing with out even thinking.

3. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i got the jr a few months ago just to do my yard it takes alittle getting used to ..i use my left hand to run the controls and my right to open the hopper.....

4. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

How much is that thing ?I looked at the z plug awsome

5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

just ordered the z junior. should be arriving tommorrow and i can't wait to use it.

6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

I have both, but only for now. We love our z-max and can't afford to keep pumping money into the PG's. We just put our second transmission in one year into the same machine at about $500 a piece. We are going to buy a junior next. They are a little weird at first. If you have used zero turn mowers before, it will help. After a couple days you will be going at full speed and controlling everything. And you will definitely get things done faster with less problems with a z-spray.