1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z-Spray height?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone here who owns a Z-Spray Jr (36" width), know the overall height of the machine? I'm trying to figure out if one would fit in the back of a van. If anyone could tell me how tall they are, I'd be most grateful.
  2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i just got one i will check and let you know later...i am going to guess its around 4ft over all...

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they dont fit :confused: the back doors r right at 48 inches and the machine is just over with the control levers on it so no go as far as i no
  4. Victor

Aw no! That stinks! I can't believe it. :cry:
  5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i would not even think about puting that thing in back of a van,,(to confined)
  6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Have you looked into the hitch haulers? They work great!
  7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Why is everybody so afraid of a trailer? An enclosed trailer is its own self contained garage.
  8. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We're ramped Z's into the back of a step van on occasion, PITA. Enclosed trailers are the way to go or maybe a Z-trailer if you can find one
  9. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Very true!! A dedicated cargo sure does make life on the turf a lot easier.
  10. Victor

Most of the neighborhoods I service don't have enough room between the driveway aprons to park a truck and trailer without blocking one of those aprons. Turning around and navigating through tight-spots can be a drag with a trailer also. When I used to mow with a truck and trailer, I though I had arrived when I switched to a box truck.