Z-Spray...How to transport???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Sep 26, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Z max or Z-spray intermediate....... Is there any way to avoid pulling a trailer or loading it on a big Isuzu (big) truck? Can these units be loaded up in a cargo van? How 'bout the back of a pickup truck? Pickup carrier like the PG units? Ramps? These units weigh upwards of 700 pounds.

rscvp:usflag:

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I think the best way is on a trailer. you could use a cargo van if you had a folding ramp. They use to make a Zspray carrier that hooked to your truck and had a couple swivel wheels in the back, but I think they had some safety problems.

3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

Not to mention they are hideous looking.

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

That's what I was afraid of. I'm thinking of a 3/4 ton cargo van with ramps. My local welding guys even have concerns with our PG carriers -- they suggest a two-pronged receiver instead of the standard one receiver for PG ride-ons cuz we're pushing safety limits.

I want to avoid pulling a trailer or using a large flatbed truck (like my local competitors do). So this is why I'm considering a van instead of a pickup truck. I just don't lnow the dimensions of Z-Spray units???

Bottom line: I like to streamline my equipment the best I can......weight/bulk, etc. We use aluminum instead of steel whenever possible, cuz our units are maxed out the way it is.

Thanks. I welcome more ideas.:usflag:

5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what you're considering, is what I had planned to do until I found out that Z-Sprays won't fit in the back of a cargo van (Z-Sprays are too tall to fit). If you had a Sprinter van, that would work, but a full-sized Chevy, Ford, or normal Dodge van won't work.

6. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Trailer or flatbed. No way to get them into a cargo van. I looked into it with my Z-Spray junior, and even it wont work. They are so quick, you'll need room for a 2 skids of fert. to get you through the day anyways...:laugh:

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, you sure do throw obstacles in the way of you ever owning a Z-spray. You're going to have to trailer it.

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I guess after a while pulling the trailer wont be a big deal!

9. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

I pull a trailer everyday you get use to it

10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

trailer ......