z spray maintenance

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jul 9, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

how do you guys lube the cables?

the book says spray w-d 40
    any other tips on the maintenance of the machine?

*newusflag*

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

That's about it. Grease the zerks a couple of times a year. I sometimes think any maintenance I do isn't even needed.

3. ant

how do you guys lube the cables?

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

The WD40 straw in the little nook at the top. It surely seeps down where it needs to be, especially with movement of the cable. You can feel it working almost immediately.

5. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try using Fluid Film. With no solvent content it won't evaporate. Greatly extends maintenance schedules.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

150 hours and havent done anything yet except replace the spinner plate and agitator clip.. I hope that isnt bad.....just realized how long it has been since a service.

7. ant

thanks... will try it..
    ant

8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i use a hand held oil squirt can filled w/ transmission fluid. it cleans out the debries and also lubes, i use it on the cables of ALL my equipment. wd40 will evaporat and it isn't a very good lubercant. then i use lithium lube on all piviot points.

9. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

This I one reason I went with a Z-spray, I was alway fixing and replacing things on the permagreen, much better equiptment. But to the companies that are around me stay with the permagreen so I can get more work. HaHA

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

my first ultra had 700+/- hrs on it and i lubed the cables and the hopper slides weekly (about 5min) and never had any problems w/ them. and i'm on my second ultra w/ 240hrs on it. the way i look at it is i saved $4k going w/ the ultra Vs. the z-spray. if you can justify the price difference between the PG and the z-spray great!, i just couldn't. i use my PG on lawns from 10k thru some that are 680k, yah it takes longer w/ the refills of the hopper and liquid, but it handles the hills MUCH better the z-spray and no BOOMS! my accounts would be very hard to do w/ booms, to many hills and ditche's to mess with. the way i see it, i can buy two used ultra's and completly rebuild the both, for less then the cost of one z-spray. now i'm not trying to knock the z-spray, but it just doesn't fit into what i would consider a good investment for me. i can do 600k per day w/ my ultra, and thats enough for me.