Z-Spray Owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Aleman, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Ive just started using my new Z-spray, and I must say its an awesome machine. Im curious what you guys are using for broadleaf control in your machines. I sprayed a little Lesco three-way in it but am curious what you think is most cost effective. Anyone use Quicksilver in it? I used sticker at .5 oz a gallon... I really like the Spyker spreader....

2. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I've had mine less than a week. I haven't tried the sprayer yet. I agree the spreader is nice. I expect to use the sprayer in the next couple of days. I have been using momentum fx. Lesco rep told me the spray system on the z spray will do well with Momentum due to agitation. He said they had some feedback with PG user that they were getting some sludge (minor) settling in the tank with Momentum. It's more of an issue when you leave some mix in the tank for the next day.

Overall I like my rig. My knees hit the bottom of the pad. So I'm gonna modify it or wear some sort of knee pad. Gotta hit the hills just right or it's a run away train. The 50' of hose reel rocks!

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

just 3-way in my z-max, but I set it at 4mph and using 43 oz per thou, got good knock down in the spring. don't get near a pond with it, if it starts to go...it's gonna go..... :)

4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using escalade. (expensive stuff) I have been getting the hang of it, it takes time. It beats the heck out of pushing a spreader and pulling hose.
    Also be careful on hills when spraying, it can go into a major skid when you spray. I haven't been brave enough to spray and fert at the same time yet, but will try it on some big stuff next week.

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using Mec-amine-D from UHS with no sticker. I think the droplet size is what allows for control of tougher weeds like black medic etc. without using a sticker.

6. slt40

slt40 LawnSite Member
    from nc

I'm in the market---maybe I'll just use yours aleman!!!! NEW CASTLE ROCKS PALE ALE!!!

7. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I've been using mecamine or three way as well.
    I have spread and sprayed at the same time.
    Just set the dial to spread to your tire tracks.
    The booms reach there too.
    Spraying at 40-45 psi at 5mph.
    Works fine.
    I also have been running Merit 75 WSP through the machine to make my grub prevents more cost effective.
    That is working out very well.

As for hills, just make sure that you are well balanced and that slopes are dry.
    Make sure to leave an "escape route" on the real steep ones.
    I can go just about anywhere.

Z-spray is the best investment so far.

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I hope all the good word on the z-spray is true, my z-max is built and ready to ship for my fall applications.

Hoping my big sites pay for the machine in the time I save by switching out from the PG

9. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Hokie,

If treating just over an acre in about 15 minutes is ok with you, I think you'll be happy.
    I wouldnt give up the pg though.
    I still use mine on occasion.

10. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

You won't regret it once you get the hang of it.... :)