Z-spray questions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rlclawnguy, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

Anyone that has experience with these machines, could you please help. How much area do you cover in a 10 hour day. Either residential or commercial. Is there any problems with these machines? What is your favorite thing about the Z-Spray machines? Thanks everyone.....just thinking of switching from PG.

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

WELL I HAD PG UNITS SINCE THEY FIRST MADE THEm..

i just got tired of fixing them.i switched to the z in may . and so far it made me money.
    you can do 1 million sf in a 8 hr. day if the lawns are close..

3. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I did 475/K today in 4 Hours and 30 Min. The job was on a high school campus and the fields were only a minute or two apart. I keep a stopwatch in the truck and time starts when get out to unload and time stops when I get back in to go to next field. So the above time is for applicating, loading and unloading. I could have done more but, I left to eat and check on the results of an app on another job, blew a fuse on the starter and had to work around the marching band practicing on one of the fields.

A good day for me doing residentials is 200k +. I think you could expect to do more. I just started full time this year and I don't have the tightest routes.

I know I could double what I did today under the same conditions and not leaving the site for anything else. Flat square fields are about as easy as you can expect.

I have an intermediate unit and the app today was all granular.

Do a search and you will find a lot of info about the z-spray.

4. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

1 million sq ft in only 8 hours? Thats residential lawns? Which unit do you have?

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't work 10 hour days anymore. Not since I got my Z-spray. I would guess a million square feet is about right in 8 hours (doing larger lawns).