Z-spray set up

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wcb607a, Nov 16, 2009.

1. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

Buying a z-spray this off season and just wondering how you guys with an enclosed trailer have it set up. I want to put my 150 gal water tank, a pallet of fert and the z-spray in the enclosed trailer. I thought is would be a good idea to purchase a double back door so I can use my skid to put the pallet in the back and use the side door for coming and going with the z-spray. What is your set up like using the enclosed trailer with the z-spray?

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Many things to consider, first being the weight overall.
    I would also be cautious with the fertilizer (granular) and the reaction it has with the aluminum skin on the trailer. It has caused small holes in ours so we quit using it for granular fert.
    Just a few things to consider.

3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

couple of bad phone pics ill share,
    had a Z in back for a short stint

060309_14171.jpg

060309_14181.jpg

060309_14191.jpg

060309_14202.jpg

060309_14221.jpg

4. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

no pics but ramp door in rear,

ur plan sounds easy to load fert in rear, and machine out side door,
    but i dont think i could live without a rear ramp door, and certain properties
    you cant unload out the side

i think tscape or some 1 on here has a trailer with a larger side door- to load a pallet

i just sold this trailer, and am also specing out a new one

060309_14231.jpg

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I would highly recommend looking into a box truck! I thought about a trailer...but for the ones I was looking at, it only cost me about another 3 grand to go to a truck.

Not only is it an awesome marketing tool (larger billboard)...but it also is easy to work out of and looks very professional!

JMO!

6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I second the box truck!!

7. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

JB, Your trailer reminds me of my setup...A rolling lawn pharmacy:laugh: Sometimes I think I carry more products than Walgreens:laugh::laugh::usflag:

8. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Box trucks are looking rather appealing......... I've been seeing nice cab over ones for under 10k. Less than an older 4x4 3/4 ton!

Some even have an air conditioned box:cool2:

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

nothing like keeping your fert cool in the summer!!! ha

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

That is the exact way I looked at it! I like the way it just gets parked and locked.

When I ran a pickup I always had to worry about it getting rained on and worry about someone stealing something!

I wish mine had AC...it can become an oven on hot days but we don't have to load very often so no big deal!