1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

z-spray ss cost?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfsprayr, Feb 26, 2003.

1. turfsprayr

turfsprayr LawnSite Member

What is the price range of the z-spray?
  2. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I paid around $6500 for my 36 inch unit. Its a solid machine.
  3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, if you possibly already have a "electric start" Wright Stander, or, even as much as I hate to say this ... a Great Dane ..., you can add the neccessary spreader and spray system for under $1000. This way, you can spread, spray, and mow, all with the same machine.
  4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I guess it is possible to mow, spread, and spray with one machine, but it is not the "same machine" as the z spray. I realize that the z spray is a wright stander with attachments, but consider the following. The zspray front framework is totally different. The z spray has a sweet break away boom that allows you to spray left only, right only, center only, left center, right center, and all open. It also has a spot spray hose. There are 2 fertilizer trays that hold a bag each, a speedometer, and a 120 or 200 lb hopper with a nice electric speed control at your finger tips. Yes I could have built one, it would have taken me a year and been half the quality as the z spray. For a thousand bucks or whatever they got for labor, it was well worth it.
  5. KLMlawn

Well, I guess it really all depends on what your market is .. if you are doing more Lawn Apps. vs. mowing. I am a smaller operation and I have about 65% maintenance, 25% add-on services, 10% lawn apps.
    I already had a 36" Stander ... I bought the Spiker 120 electric ($750), mounted that to my JRCO bar ... then purchased the Perma-green low volume system ($350) and have the tank mounted opposite the fuel tank and the Tee-Jets over each castor arm.
    In retrospect, I would prefer the Lesco Mark II hopper like the permagreen as opposed to the Spyker .... better control of the product.
  6. LP

LP LawnSite Member

Could you post a picture of that set up, I have a great dane super surfer 36 and it does not cut worth a flip maybe with your help I can turn it in to a spray unit and I wont feel so bad about how much I paid for this machine!
  7. KLMlawn

This is before the spray sytem is mounted ... don't have a current one yet.