1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z-spray trouble

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tscape, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

So I noticed a bunch of oil on my trailer where I park my Z-spray. I looked and the wheel motor was leaking. Damn! My machine is 13 months old now and just out of warranty. I called L.T. Rich to figure out how long this was going to take and how much $$ I was going to be out. What happened? Bottom line:

I had a wheel motor here the next morning, with a hub already pressed on and ready to bolt up and go. It took me 5 minutes.

Cost: $0

Brett said it had probably been leaking for over a month which put it into it's warranty period.

The worst part is now I can't say, "I never service my machine at all."

That is why I love my Z-spray.
  2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Sure you can say you dont service it, that was a out of character REPAIR
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Now THERE'S an applause for L.T.! Are you reading this Mr. PG?
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Maybe UPS ships slower to MI than IA, but we've never had a prob getting parts the next day from Permagreen.:confused:
  5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have never had problem with PG parts either, PG stepped up pretty big at the start with some upgrades and actually took one of my machines back to their shop at no charge to fix and upgrade some issues.

That being said, as my hours get up on the pg, the down time gets more common *(ultras)* The z spray is approaching the hours that I began having problems with the ultras so I will knock on wood and hope it continues to perform like it has so far.
  6. tmorrical

tmorrical LawnSite Member

LT Rich is the best for getting parts. I'm in Indiana and always get the parts next day. As far as I'm concerned Z sprays are the greatest.
  7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We hear ya -- pretty easy to type stuff here & put down individuals, machines, & companies. Bottom line is everybody works very hard for a living, and that's good enough for us. As consumers, we have choices. Our Ultras have made us much money, and the support has always been top notch.

We've merely "test drove" Z-Spray units (40" + Z-Max) for a couple days. Also tested LESCO HPS hydro spreaders at LESCO (not a thorough test). Been using LESCO Z-Two for several years, and it kills weeds perhaps better than any unit we have used.

As requested by "certain posters", we will not mention "the other unit" which we now use everyday by choice (tried all the rest). No pics available yet, but that is NOT our fault. (Soon though). If anybody wants to continue to blame Larry, that's okay.....he'll take the heat, but anybody throwing cheap personal shots at my boss can kiss my a$$ cuz he has no choice. He tried everything under the sun to give you contact info, including where you can see and try this unit. He also pressured TURFCO more than once to let loose pics & info. Let's hope it comes soon.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Wow, what a crock of sh!tt If you want to post, why don't you get your own user ID?
  9. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

A little confused here,
    you say the lesco unit kills weeds better than any other unit, that's all Larry complains about is killing weeds, and you still brag the mystery machine as the best thing since sliced bread.

Why don't you set up your own account so Larry don't take the heat for your smarta$$ remarks?
  10. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

If I owned such a machine, I'd sling some pictures out there in the internet world.

Just because.