Z Spray unit on ebay now

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Nov 1, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

It's rare to see Z Spray sprayer/spreaders for sale, and I think we all know why. 2007 used Z Spray Junior. Starting bid = $1300. No bids yet. Auction ends November 5. Location: Birmingham, AL. Ships anywhere.:usflag: It's listed under Outdoor Power Equipment.

GetAttachment.jpg

2. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

I guess I don't understand Americanlawn. Why is it on Ebay? Oh right they are getting rid of it to get some make believe unit you have been talking about. Z spray is the only thing I will ever have. Works great, can get parts next day, and great tech support, what more can you ask for??

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

That looks like the same one that was on Ebay about a month ago. I was going to bid on it but the guy wouldn't return my emails! I think it ended up at about $2800. and had no reserve. if you bid on it I wouldn't pay until up pick it up!

4. americanlawn

from midwest

I suppose it is on ebay because it is for sale??? :laugh:

Regarding a "make believe" unit.:dizzy: ........you should probably contact the site moderators regarding sponsors (TURFCO), or you can call TURFCO, cuz I do not have the answer. Maybe TURFCO is a "make beleive company"??

I have no problem with Z-Spray whatsoever. I have much repsect for LT Rich.

Reason I started this post was for guys (like you) who like Z-Sprays.:hammerhead:

I can't figure out your reasoning here? I posted this rare opportunity for guys to buy a Z-Spray at a good price......I thought I was helping Z-Spray guys out. I have this Z-Spray on my "favorites", cuz I'm also interested.:walking:

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing I don't like is this is a '0' seller account, the person in charge of the item has never previously made a purchase or a sale on ebay, and has absolutely no feedback.

This in and of itself means little, but it is common knowledge that if you intend to sell stuff on ebay then you are best off setting up an account and make some purchases for some time to come... In general, any number of purchases will do, but more is better, this will then give you a rating, hopefully positive.

I myself will not buy from a '0' seller, but ebay and your credit card company would protect you in case of fraud... I've been through this once, it's a situation I would rather avoid entirely, but at the same rate it's not that big of a deal, as in, I got my money back.

Other than that...

6. americanlawn

from midwest

Thanks for the heads up Indy. I was originally interested in the "junior" because it will fit through most gates, but fellow members on this site suggested the largest model. I test drove two sizes of Z-Sprays, but I found them cumbersome. Test drove PG Magnums several times too. We've also used PG Ultras and a Z-Two unit (LESCO) for years. So I think we have compared them all.

Call me a dummy, but the previous poster does not make any sense to me???

I sure don't mean to downgrade any manufacturer or piece of equipment, but I will offer my experience regarding anything we have used.

Also -- I thought my post of this Z-Spray on ebay would give an opportunity for fellow members to buy one at a good price. Thought I was helping out. Not even mentioning the new TURCO 3000.

Mom - Dad......Did I do something wrong?:laugh:

QUOTE=indyturf;2018692]That looks like the same one that was on Ebay about a month ago. I was going to bid on it but the guy wouldn't return my emails! I think it ended up at about $2800. and had no reserve. if you bid on it I wouldn't pay until up pick it up![/QUOTE]

7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

This is the same one that "sold" a few weeks ago! I was going to bid but with zero feedback and no return on my questions I decided not to bid. I sent the winning bidder an email to ask if he was able to get the Z but no return there either! now its back on Ebay. sounds fishy!

8. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Be very careful. Anyone can post a pic. of a unit on ebay. What worries me is the " no response to questions". Thanks for the heads up AMERICAN. I am watching it now.

9. americanlawn

from midwest

Hi 31bro -- sorry if I busted your balls. The price seems too good to be true, cuz I too like Z-Spray units (main prob I have is they have to be hauled on a trailer). Other members have since raised concerns regarding this ebay listing, so I just "asked the seller a question"(s):

How many hours on it? With zero feedback, can I get referrences? How 'bout a phone # so I talk personally? Is it as a place of business? Why are you selling it? Who was the previous owner? Why are you selling it? Was it listed before? If so, why didn't it sell?

I'll be curious if he responds to all these questions, cuz if he has nothing to hide, he will. Hopefully my questions will be answered and posted on the listing. I sent these Q's to him Sunday 1:30 CST. :waving:

10. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Very good questions American! When I listed a wood stove for sale on ebay, I had zero purchases or sales. I was glad to answer any questions and give my phone number whenever asked. Made alot of money off the wood stove too. If they are serious and legit, they will be ambitious to answer your questions. Keep us updated Larry. ThAnks again!!