1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

z spray vs. permagreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rozellelandscapes, Oct 9, 2011.

1. cloughrog

cloughrog LawnSite Member
    from CT

I ride a z-spray all day most days. I have done full liquid blanket apps out of the thing as well as normal granular/ spot spray apps. No matter what situation the z-spray performs. I did ride the permagreen for years and it beats pushing a spreader but if you are buying a new machine you have to pick the z-spray. Also found this page with a side by side comparrison that backs up my point http://www.lawncaremastery.com/equipment/lt-rich-z-spray-vs-permagreen-triumph/ :drinkup:

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for posting that link. I was not comparing the 2 machines. I own Z-sprays but have been a little disappointed in the Vanguard motor. I have had many of the problems the author of that article has mentioned that are associated with the Vanguard(We operate in an extremely humid environment). It is now time to replace the motor on one of my machines and my mechanic is recommending replacing it with a Kawasaki. I have been leaning that direction.

After reading the information you linked, the decision has pretty much been made and my question in a thread I started last night has been answered.

Thanks again

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I am considering a new machine as well for next season. The Z has really come into play for me, esp the Jr36 or the rackable unit. If I could just get past the learning curve of not being so jerky with controls.

4. cloughrog

cloughrog LawnSite Member
    from CT

Kawisakis are amazing engines for what we do, if you have the means I would go with one all the way. Also I have found that changing the plugs on the briggs engine helps signifigantly with the *blub blurb blub chug* of the Z sprays.