1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Z-Spray WB-36

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by turbo6bar, Nov 20, 2012.

1. turbo6bar

turbo6bar LawnSite Member

I wish to sell my WB-36 sprayer/spreader. It was originally a spreader, but has been converted to a sprayer. I should have the parts to convert it back to a spreader. The pump head was replaced 2 years ago. Unit has less than 130 hours. Honda engine starts well, but I believe the carb needs to be cleaned. I always ran stabilized fuel, but that obviously wasn't enough. You have to run it with choke partially on.

I am selling, because I cannot justify having equipment that is only used 3 days of the year. $1050. Local pickup in Memphis is great. I will travel some and deliver for the right price.

Larger pics available via email.
    Thanks
    Jay 901-262-0624

zspray01.jpg

zspray02.jpg

zspray03.jpg

zspray04.jpg

zspray05.jpg

zspray06.jpg

2. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

How old is it? Also, does it have any problems?

3. turbo6bar

As far as function is concerned, it works like it should. The biggest limitation currently is the drive belts are a little long. After spraying for 45 minutes, the belts will get wet and lose friction. I believe the issue would be fixed with belts that are 1/2 to 1" shorter total length.

I forgot to mention I have the hitch-mounted hauler designed for this sprayer. It fits into a 2" receiver hitch and allows you to haul the sprayer without a trailer.

I bought it used from the original owner a couple years ago. He had it for several years, as I recall. It is not a young machine, by any means. It just hasn't had a lot of use.

I would not compare this against the newer Z-Spray rigs out today. While the construction is pretty good on this unit, the newer units appear to be much more efficient and ergonomic.

I used it to apply pre-emerge and it does great if you discount the belt-slippage.
    cheers,
    Jurgen

4. erhager

erhager LawnSite Member

How large is the tank and about how many sq ft does it cover per tank? Sorry, I have never used one so I don't know much about them. I have a few acre lots that I could use it for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. turbo6bar

I don't have my notes in front of me now, but it depends on ground speed. I calibrated it for 35 psi on the gauge. At lower speed, it would do around 35000 square feet per tank and at fast walking speed, it would do just under 1 acre per tank. If I recall correctly, the tank is 16 or 17 gallons. If you need exact numbers, let me know, but you can make it do whatever you want via ground speed and product concentration.

This rig is good for acre lots. That is what I use it on now. The 2 low drift nozzles are fine even in 10 mph winds and put down roughly 5' spray width, if I am not mistaken.
    Jurgen

6. turbo6bar

How's $1000? Comes with the receiver hitch mounted hauler.
    Jurgen

7. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

To add my 2 cents, as I was the original owner:
    -Tank is an 18 gal.(same tank as the Z-spray junior)
    -unit is a 2006 model

Good luck with the sale,
    free bump.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. turbo6bar

$950 for the sprayer and hitch hauler. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Jurgen

9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Did the spreader originally go where the hose reel is or was it a spreader only?

10. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

It originally had a square white 8gal. tank and a 100# hopper. I never used the machine to spread fert., only spraying. I removed the hopper and tank, mounted an 18gal. tank and a hose reel to use the machine as a "wet area" sprayer or as a mobile hose reel unit vs. hose run from truck parked in the street. Very effective for this purpose
    Posted via Mobile Device