1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HoseJockey, Mar 11, 2006.

1. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Anyone know the price range for the z-max off hand? Also can you spray pre-em out of it? Does anyone have exp. with the Lesco Z2 spreader/sprayer unit?

2. kyles974

kyles974 LawnSite Member

Not sure on Z-spray..... never used one.... though it looks like a great machine!

BUT..... you may want to check out my ZTR spreader/sprayer in the sales forum!

ps.... you should be able to spray anthing threw any machine just by changing the spray nozzels... check out Tee-Jet's web site, you can find all the info you need, just dig!
  3. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

The price is around $8500 and worth every penny. I suppose you could change the nozzles to spray at 1 gal per k and spray liquid pre-m but you would cover less than an acre between fills. We spread granular barricade or dimension and use the tanks for broadleaf only at 1/3 gal per k so they cover a minimum of almost 3 acres.
  4. HoseJockey

from Memphis

Thanks for the info.
    what kinda results can you expect from the dry product compared to the liquid? We were talking bout going dry on our larger props. but hate the thought of us chasing our butts this summer after crabgrass and such.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i know a guy that does half rate with the zspray going over the area twice to get total coverage and it has worked well
    i was going to try it with my pg and see if i can get it to work on a test plot
  6. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

What will they be next year....9500? They go up a grand every year just like the PG.

What a joke.

Im thinking of buying a Lesco HP and retrofitting my own 12 volt unit for a few hundred.

Productive machines but ffs.....9 grand?

Oh and that Lesco z-turd or whatever it is looks silly, and is just a ripoff of the old turf tracker unit.
  7. HoseJockey

from Memphis

we had a old spray unit that looked like it was fitted on a dixie chopper frame. It was very productive. But the spreader was in the front so you could see what you were doing. Was wondering if the lesco was as productive or just another lesco money pit.
  8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the old Turf Tracker from C&S. Now they make the Time Machine, which looks like you are riding a ten speed bicycle seat on a shaft that sticks it right up yer...uhm...you know what.

You can piss and moan about prices going up all over the place, but if you stick it to the Z-spray for being at fault for somehow being connected to the rising cost of everything, well that's just not fair. I bought mine 2 years ago for $7500, and I really ought to get my checkbook out and right Tom Rich a check for 2 grand, cause I stole it from him. I'll just work it off as an advocate.
  9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Not quite, I bought a Z Spray, ordered it when the last years brochure and price list were still available. I got this years price list in the mail recently, I even dug out a 2005 price list:

'05 Intermediate $7295

'06 Intermediate $7495

'07 Intermediate based upon the last price list I received one month ago $7495

In fact the only price difference I see in comparing last years list to this most recent one is on the JR '06 $6995 and for '07 a whopping $7095 for a grand total increase of $100.
    Yep Tom is laughing all the way to the bank on that kind of price increase
  10. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

The damn thing is still $7500?!? See, I was just going off what y'all said it was. Now go buy one. Or don't. But your stupid if you don't. The thing needs virtually no maintenance, never breaks, and is ideal for lawns from 3,000 ft2 to 10+ acres. What else could you possibly want? Oh, and its sold by the nicest guy I have ever met in this industry.