z spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, May 30, 2008.

1. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

We don't want to call Bob. We love our Z-sprays. Thanks for trying to set us straight though.

2. TurfRyder

TurfRyder LawnSite Member

Just sprayed the 19 acre site on the Z. It took me exactly 8 hours. Wed. I take on a 22 acre site.

3. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

Got my packet of materials yesterday. Have talked with the TURFCO people three times, very open and informative. Cell battery on mine went dead and they called me not once, but 3 times to finish our conversation.

Didn't cost me a dime to call, just time, which was well spent.

They answered all of my questions straightforward, no run around.

You know, in life we do WHAT WE want to do.....plain and simple!

Think it's human nature to complain, some more than others, and some don't complain about anything. Like on this site, people wanting something for nothing........wanting somone to deliver not just to the front door....but "bring it inside" ..... everything has a price.....nothing is free in life.

I agree, don't knock it till you tried it, until then, I wish I had a ride on, but will continue dragging hoses for a while longer. I am thankful to have sprayers and the "sometime help" to drag "that hose".:rolleyes:

Take care.

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

That was very well said Hogjaw.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here Hogjaw!

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I've read many posts about the lack of problems with the Z's. Just wondering...For the guys who own Z's. How long have each of you had your machines?

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Was this open area or was there a bunch of obstacles. How long does it take you to fill? How much time have you spent on it?

Reason I ask:

I thought that the Z was supposed to be so much faster and more effecient then a PG and every other ride on?

I can do between 2.5 -2.7 acres/hour very easy! You only averaged 2.3 acres/hour.

Just curious!

8. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I thought you were getting one of the Turco units also? Still using the PG?

9. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

And I sprayed my 15 acre last friday in 3 hours 49 min.
    Thats when I REALLY LOVE MY MACHINE!
    I work alone and I wouldnt even want to think how long it would take this ole' fat man to push a spreader there!

10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have had mine since 05 and have over 400 hours on it. Honestly, the only thing I have done on it is a pump, and one service. I just put it in the shop to have a second service and replace a couple of parts that I have dinged and dented over time. I only used it on commercial until this season when the pg's really started to show their age. I have put over 100 hours on it already this season alone.