1. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

How are you guys doing
    We are getting our zspray max on the 14th of april and i would like to know what would you guys do as soon as you get it. Anything you can think of would be great. Any help tools or thing that will make the jobs easy
    Any tips to make the machine last longer

Thanks guys russ

2. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Calibrate?

3. R & R Yard Designs

Well yes i know that needs to be done. This will be our first zspray

4. aaronmg

Pesticide license? Not saying you don't have one, but the looks of your equipment its the first piece that would need one...

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Check the grease in the casters and on the front wheels...seriously. When I got my 2011, the front wheel bearings had a little grease on them but someone had forgotten to fill them with grease once mounted. Just overlooked at LT Rich( they were slammed with orders). Very minor oversight but don't just take it for granted that they are full of grease...

I use Amsoil products. I spray what few parts that are mild steel with Amsoil HD metal protector. Great stuff. Helps fend off rust.

Enjoy that Badboy!

6. R & R Yard Designs

I have a license for two states and have had it for 11 years just cause it is not in the list of stuff means nothing. But i have used a permagreen for the last two years that used from a friend. This one we are buying new and just want to know of any little tricks from guys that own them

7. aaronmg

I'm a ground logic guy...The z guys can run circles around me as in production....

8. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Probably post a pic up in lawnsite... :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. master gardener

master gardener LawnSite Member
    from Mich

Check the air in the rear tires. Mine kept going flat and I had to put tubes in them.

10. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Put it up on the wheelie bars and ride a good wheelie out.

Thats the first thing I do. :walking:

My advice is calibrate it all you want, bu be careful with your loads. I find running the so called label rates for weed control for a low volume machine is too hot and un necessary.

Especially for new operators.

Theres a sweet spot depending on what size lawns you do, how good you are, how crappy you are, the weather, weed pressure etc etc the list goes on.

Example...Labels with the 1/3rd gallon tips are going to tell you to run it at 4.5 ounces per gallon. Thats great if you're doing soccer fields but if you're doing half acres with some 5000 square footers mixed in or some highly landscaped unusually shaped areas where you aren't maintaining 5 MPH... 4.5 is way too hot.

Just some thoughts others may disagree with but I have nearly 10,000 hours on Zmax's. over the last 8 years.