1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by smoke johnson, Mar 3, 2004.

1. smoke johnson

smoke johnson LawnSite Member

A friend of mine just bought two z-sprays from Rich Products and absolutly loves them. He was able to let two guys go and do the applications himself and one part time helper. He had the Perma - Green - well thats enough said.
    :D :D
  2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking at a perma green.... what was the problem? Did not like them or what? I use liquid currently which is on a trailer witha 300 ft hose reel. Time and money is issue for me so I have been looking at the perma green. What else is out there?
  3. smoke johnson

The Perma-Green is a great machine, but the z-spray is much faster and more manuverable. I can do about 6 acres in about 1.5 hours. Also you can travel much more sq. ft. with two 20 gallon tanks and a 200# fert hopper.
  4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the reply. Now where do I go to check these units out? Is there a web site or anything?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they r a good machine fast and well built look at z-spray
  6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

7. smoke johnson

Sorry couldn't reply earlier. Russ has the website posted I was going to give you. Give those uys a call they build what I think is the best machine going!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked to Tom Rich at the Detroit Outdoor Power Equip Expo. What a cool guy! Designed and builds the Chassis himself, then paints it with Line-X bedliner material. Let me tell you, it is a SWEET unit. I no longer want a Perma Green at all. The motor on the spreader is hydraulic for durability. A 200 lb hopper with 2 50 lb bag trays lets you roll out with a lot of fert. The spray heads have larger droplets for more control of drift. I am in love with this machine.
  9. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

Have a Z spray ordered. I drove 3 1/2 hours last week to Lebanon, IN to demo one. Ordered it 2 days later. Can't wait for it. No more pulling out 300 ft. of hose on large properties.
  10. greenerpastures

greenerpastures LawnSite Member

Purchased a unit "sight unseen" in December after talking with Tom Rich a couple of times on the phone and reading lots of posts here. So far it has exceeded my expectations in quality and performance. Adapted a foam marker to it today. On large properties it can triple production over hose --- not to mention the exhaustion factor.