Z Sprays and Spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by barefootlawnsandlandscape, Dec 29, 2006.

1. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at some of the Z Sprays and Spreaders. I did have one question for those of you who use these. How do you maintain a consistent speed to keep you calibration speed the same as your field speed. I was concerned with getting accurate applications with these machines.

2. d.macpeak

d.macpeak LawnSite Member

I use them daily, and the only way to clibrate is the old fashioned way. Rope of 20k squ. feet and fill the sprayer with 20g water or whatever your rate your aiming for and cover it, if you run out lower the spray, if you have two much raise it. then when you have it right, make sure you do your real application at the same speed. I am going into buisness and need to find z-sprayer web site. Do you know what it is?

3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

It also has a manual limit bar that will allow ya to set any maximum speed from 1-7 MPH.

5. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I appreciate the responses. I guess I overlooked that in the literature I received.
    D.Macpeak, there is a much easier way to calibrate sprayers. Just find out how wide the spray pattern is, mark off a known distance to travel, time yourself on how long it takes you to go that far at a known speed, then collect the spray at a known p.s.i. from one of the nozzles, multiply that volume by the number of nozzles and you have a volume for the area (width of spray x distance traveled) then you can convert that into 1000 square feet and make the adjustments as needed to get you desired rate. This should be much faster than spraying 20M.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I always use the bucket method. Place a bucket under the nozzle, time it for one minute and then measure how much water is in the bucket.