z-sprays

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dandylyin Slayer, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Dandylyin Slayer

Dandylyin Slayer LawnSite Member

I would like some feed back from people who are using them.

Thanks

2. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Make your own

I did ...

image011.jpg

3. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have 3 Z-sprays now. These things are the best machine I have owned. They do a great job. What specifically would you like to know?
    Mike

4. Dandylyin Slayer

Morturf

How many gallons per acre are you putting down? Also when spraying what is the smallest yard you feel comforfable using the machine on?

Thanks

5. morturf

from midwest

I have mine set up differently then the stock machine. I have added my own nozzles. I use 1 gal/1000. I also only use 8 to 10 lbs psi. I have used it on as little as 5k but like it better on a 10k+ yard.
    Mike

6. Dandylyin Slayer

Morturf:

Thanks for the answers.

7. ANDY-W

ANDY-W LawnSite Member
    from IN

We run the sprayer and the aerator. The zspray really outperformed our pg's and we don't have the all problems. Its a great product.

8. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Morturf it's me again. Did you change to 1gal/1000 so you could add fert to the solution or to add safety margin to overlap? Or was there other reason.

9. dantelawn

dantelawn LawnSite Member
    from PA

Is the maintenace/repair easy for non-mechanics? We have 3 PG units that always seem to be down more often than we'd like, but the repairs are simple. Just have been hesitant w/ z-spray repairs cause no shop here will touch them.

10. morturf

from midwest

Well, no fert. Just that I don't like how misty the pattern on the nozzle was so I re arranged the nozzles and did it the way I like. So far so good!! I don't know why a maintenance place wouldn't touch one of these, everything on them is off the shelf except the chassis. All the rest is stock.

mike