Z spreads to right

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArTurf, May 14, 2014.

1. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

You can get an impeller from spyker that has 4 straight fins...fyi

2. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Yep. 2 more cents. Swap impeller. Problem solved.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks Terry -- I didn't know Spyker offered a different impeller. They should tell folks.

Landgreen -- ditto. Only problem with the LESCO impeller is:

1) They are made out of softer plastic
    2) The plastic is thinner

So the LESCO impeller will wear out faster than the Spyker impeller (especially with XCU & other hard prill granules)

Buddy of mine in NW Iowa switched to a LESCO 'flat fin" impeller for his T3000. Solved his problem, but the impeller doesn't last as long as he would like. He called me this week >> He's having a local fabricator make a flat fan impeller out of metal (I hope it's stainless steel or heavy gage aluminum). Said he would send me one. We'll see how it works.

4. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

That's a cool idea. But seems like a lot of work for a spinner. IIRC lesco spinners are inexpensive.

Keep us updated on how it comes out.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Sweet Idea!

I have a good friend that owns a local custom metal work/welding shop. He does all of my welding work and fabrication whenever I need it and I do all of his weed control and fertilization. We swap out, no out of pocket for either of us. He is a genius with metal of any kind.

I'm going to say it would not be a problem at all for him to make me one out of Stainless. I personally would probably avoid the aluminum. I always remember what those cast aluminum tank legs on the Chemlawn tanker used to look like after a couple of years of exposure to fertilizer kept on the flatbed platform next to them.

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Figured out what the problem is. The cable for the accuway was screwed up. Does this cable tend to freeze up on you?

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I removed them from both of my machines.

...but yes, if you don't use and maintain it on a regular basis

8. sprayboy

from Indiana

Yes it can but it is a locking cable also.

9. sprayboy

from Indiana

The early Z's had a metal spinner on them.

I wonder if LT Rich has any of those laying around in the back room.

10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I took off the acuway the first time it got caked up with fert dust. has spread great ever since. I also suggest taking off the agitation pin inside the hopper, it just grinds the fert into dust