1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z/Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by carlriv, Jun 7, 2006.

1. carlriv

carlriv LawnSite Member
    from Mass

I have a Super Z with the 27 and a Super Z with the 28 EFI. I am thinking about getting another one, but don't know why I should get the Super Z over the Z for $6999 (if I read the promo right). What is the real difference? Thanks
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Super Z has larger pumps and wheel motors and with this comes the 15mph ground speed.
    You also get more hp on the Super Z and a suspension seat.
    The hydro system on the Super Z has 2 coolers and a fan to keep it cooled down nicely.
    The above mentioned items make it worth while to go with the Super Z.

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see the money in it myself. One only cuts 1mph faster then the other (assuming you mow at top speed of course). Unless you drive the Super Z from subdivision to subdivision I can't see why you would need the higher "transport" speed. Seems a Z, a set of flex forks, and an aftermarket $350 suspension seat would get you more bang for the buck. You'll be ahead IMO. I love my Z and I'm sure the Super is really nice though too.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

PJ has explained the technical differences but I will tell you from experience because all I have ever owned is Super Z's and I have run a regular Z on a few occasions. When I got on the regular Z I almost bent the levers trying to get it to go faster and the ride without the suspension seat is terrible, I promise if go to the regular Z you will be sick especially since you are already use to the speed of the Super Z and the better ride. There is a lot of difference in fuel economy with the 28 efi than with the other engines which you have already seen and I know your 28 feels like a 30 compared to the 27 you own.