Z TRAK 930M - Kawi or Kolher EFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by PJC15, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like my Kohler EFI.
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The EFI makes the engine run sooooo smooth and it saves quite a bit of fuel compared to a carb engine. Hot out, cold out, it doesn't matter. Just hit the key and it starts right up and runs smooth as silk. I would go with the EFI if it were me (I have that engine on my 460). BTW at 50 degrees or above run straight 30wt oil. It really likes the 30wt. I was having some puffs of start up smoke with 10W30 but it completely went away with the 30wt. My engine was also still breaking in at the time so that could have played a role in the start up smoke.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  3. PJC15

PJC15 LawnSite Member

Im picking up the EFI sometime later this week. It only comes with the standard seat but it feels pretty good. Are the Isolators worth the extra cash or would I be worth dropping the extra coin on a suspension seat?
  4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The isolators don't/won't do much at all. Get the suspension seat. You'll thank me later.
  5. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I was having very random puffs. It was only upon startup, between jobs; never cold start. I think I had 4-5 episodes. But, the last few weeks, I haven't seen anything. Changed oil at ~12hrs to Rotella T and don't know what effect that may have had. I may switch to T6 (full-synthetic), at the next change. I want to ensure the rings have plenty of time to seat, before switching over.
  6. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

EFI all day every day