Z Trak suspension seat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hadly, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Hadly

Hadly LawnSite Member
    from IL

What models will the suspension seat fit? And how much is it?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not real sure except that I order it on all of my 757's..

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

they are good quality seats, my 997 has the suspension seat, great seat!

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Should fit them all.

I've ran into the yellow suspension seats real cheap too.
    But I bet your John Deere dealer will want $700.

5. Grassman6

Grassman6 LawnSite Member

The suspension seat is almost $500 thru your Deere dealer. I've had one bolt directly to the 737 & 757 models. The 777/797 requires a 3/8" spacer under each mounting bolt or just remove the seat mounting plate and grind down the two rails where the slider touches on both sides. I chose the latter because I am 6 ft tall and the saddle needs to be low to avoid those tree limbs. While you have this steel plate off the machine go ahead and spray paint it green just like the new 997 models. This really confuses the mechanic next time he services it. After bumping my elbows on the arm rests I removed them too. Dry lube on the plastic rollers inside the frame will extend the service life. Just remove four of the six bolts in the rear (2 upper and 2 lower, the middle two support the arm rest bracket) and take the yellow seat pad off to get to these rollers and cable/spring assembly.

6. MMLawn

Boy Envy, you don't miss a chance to bash JD do you? A product which I might add you have never even owned! Your JD dealer should thank his lucky stars every day that you bought a Lesco....

My dealer charges me $379 for the Suspension seats, but I'm sure i is due to the volume of business I do wih them.

7. Tonyr

it's easy to find out, just go into jdparts.com, selectr a mower you'd fit it to, click 'build it yourself' link, it has options of what seat you want and prices of the suspension seats.

I haven't the time right now to find out, but the price is there in black and white. these are genuine deere seats, with deere logo, very comfy, tend not to sweat as much on them, very adjustable in every way......good seats, if they save ya back they are worth paying, even if not cheap.....I'm verry critical about things that tick me, but never have I complained about a j.d seat, build quality is top notch too.

8. MMLawn

Almost like sitting sitting in a good recliner isn't it my good mate?

9. Tonyr

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know if you guys know it or not but JD came out with a new version of the suspension seat last year with a elastomer material on the bottom of the seat cusion instead of those springs. Suppose to hold up better. I got one of those cause i broke one of the springs on my old one. Of course it was under warranty but dealer said that my price was around $350 if I had to pay for it.:rolleyes: