Z Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brickman, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

On page C6 in the June Turf mag there is an ad for a "Z Trimmer". It mounts on the edge of your deck and looks like it runs off of 12 Volt current.
    I am wondering if any of you have used it? If so what do think of it? Would you buy it again?

Thanks guys for your thoughts, it looks like a cool deal and would save a solo guy a ton of time. Get rid of an employee.............. save time.

View it here. http://lawnvac.com/z-trimmer.htm

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Its funny, I was thinking the same thing just recently. Can anyone give us some info on this product? Does it work and how effectively?

I have a private drive about 1 mile long and thought this could set up to take care of the trimming on it as well as some fences I have. Looks like you can set it at various angles as well, to trim or edge (vertical to horizontal). I was also wondering about the line it uses. Is it 1 length or similar to our trimmers with a spool?

Thanks everyone for your help! :D

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sound interesting if it works.

KB

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they going to be at the Expo?? I haven't had time to look.

Be nice to see one in action befor buying one.

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

we must all be on the same frequency today! i saw the ad in turf at lunch today. what i want to know is how do you advance/feed the line when it's worn down some? kick down on it with your foot to bump the head?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Richard,
    Thanks for the link. I quess we should have done a search.....hahaha :laugh:

I will be looking over them at the Expo next month.

8. Brickman

I guess I should have practiced what I preach at the newbies and done a search.

I suppose that the Expo will be a good place to look. I think they are over priced for what they are. For what they sell for they should be one HECK of a trimmer.

But back to my original question, I am still looking for some body that has used one, and what they have to say about it, good or bad. So I guess its OK that I didn't do a search, because nobody in that thread seemed to have used one either.

9. Brickman

Update, I got some info from the manufactor of these trimmers. I honestly think they are over priced. Here is what I got.

Hi Paul,
    Yes indeed the Z-trimmer will fit the walker, as long as there is a flat surface approx. 3"x4" than two holes can be drilled in. The machine works best if the mower system has at least a 15 amp stator. You may by direct from us and the price is $395. We accept Visa Master Card and Discover. You may pay by check and we will ship when the check clears. We can sip UPS and the cost is usually around $10.
    Call us at 800 438-5823 or email us an order.

Thanks and sorry for the delay.

I am still waiting to hear if anybody else has ever used one. If so how do they work. I suppose that there will be one some where this week at the Expo.