1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z-Wing 48-36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A.T.A.K, Sep 15, 2005.

1. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

I am new at the lawn game my first love are in pesticides. I am looking at the club cadet Z wing anybody use them? I have heard nothing about them. HELP!!!!
  2. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

The Z Wing 48 is an interesting new concept, but the first ones out had lots of problems with the folding mechanism. They are currently redesigning the folding mechanism. Make sure you don't get one that is an early model, which is very possible because they have not sold very well, so some of the early ones are still in the stores.

The other downsides to the unit are that they use the same Kohler engine that they use on their residential units and the frame and distance between wheels is very narrow which cause poor lateral stability. Would not be good on hills, as if ANY ZTR were good on hills.

They do, however, have individual pumps and wheel motors instead of the cheapy integrated drives.

If you were to get an '06 model which should be out soon, it might serve you well with all of the above things considered.

Good luck,

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I thought they were using kawasaki
  4. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Turf Doc,

Yes CC offers Kawasaki engines on many of their commercials. They offer the choice of a Kawasaki or Honda engine on the Tank 48 and 54 and offers a Kawasaki on the 60" models. The 50" Tank and Z Wing 48, both have the same Kohler engines that are on the Z-Force Residential units.

CC runs the gamut with their engine offerings to a point that it is hard to keep up with.

You have to be careful buying a CC, been there, done that, and I no longer have one. This is not as much due to the product as it does with the dealer in my area.

Have a great day,
  5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I'll try and scan a pic of it. See if it works :)