Z2 or stander??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HS Football Rules, Jul 30, 2007.

1. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

'06 Lesco Z2 23/54...or...'07 Super Surfer 23/52...both are $6099
    What's the better all around choice...and would curb hoppin and hilly terrain change your choice?
  2. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

Ive got the super surfer and am very impressed with it. I purchased it from someone who was in need to sell and got it for 4200$ with the 23 kohler with the 52in deck. Although most on here dont have much good to say regarding Great dane I couldnt pass up the deal especially since the mower had 2.3 hrs on it. If you have any questions let me know. Ive only got 20hrs on it now so I havent really used it all that much.
  3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Why are you not looking at the Wright product? Is it not available to you? In my opinion it's the best stand on machine in the game today. Kawasaki, and you can't go wrong.
  4. HS Football Rules

I'm considering the 52" sentar...but If I can get comparable quality
    for less $$....I'll cheap out!:hammerhead:

I was just curious with this particular comparison.....
    because the price points were the same.
  5. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

One big thing regarding the standers is how compact they are. I can fit my stander and quick 36 in my 6x10 trailer.... makes things alot easier.
  6. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Do the 52" Super Surfer's leave a good cut? Also are you using the floating deck?
  7. HS Football Rules

cut is good, and yes, SS has floating deck
  8. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

yeah the cut is really good... with all the negative comments from everyone on here I was nervous to see how it cut... its doesnt cut as good as my exmark lazer z i sold but its pretty close. as HS Football said its floating.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know about the curb hopping....we have to use a board to jump on our 36" but it is a good machine .
  10. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

$6099 is a great price for that Lesco 54" if it is brand new.
    It is the same mower as a Cub Tank. I have a 2006 54" Tank but I cannot tell you how it is for curb hopping because I don't jump them. I don't have any cutting to do on hillsides but do cut around plenty of trees and flower beds. It does real well on cutting evenly up to 5" and not to bad on overgrown yards.