Z334 vs Phazer 34"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gulfstreme, Jul 30, 2007.

1. gulfstreme

gulfstreme LawnSite Member

I know Toro owns Exmark and the Z334 is a rebadged Phazer. Heres what I've already gathered from the archives, brochures and websites:

1. Toro has the Kawasaki KAI FH580V, Phazer has the non KAI.

2. Deck is a little different, Phazer has four chains holding the deck while Toro has 2 chains.

3. Toro has a different height adjustment.

but what else has been improved since the original Phazer?

2. gulfstreme

gulfstreme LawnSite Member

here's pics:

largePhazer.jpg

untitled.JPG

3. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, suspect turbo force deck is way better than the trivantage deck on exmark .

tomo:waving:

4. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

The Z300's do not come with the Turbo Force deck, just a regular fabricated 7 gauge deck.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Phazer all the way.do a search

6. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

I like how the deck on the toro sticks out past the tire on the trim side. Better design on the toro. I bet there are a few other "better" designs on the toro also.

7. tomo

hello ,you are correct ,did not look hard enough at the pics especially the writng on front of deck .

Does not seem to be any major differences then ,although
    toro would have the better spindles , these r the turbo force type
    Other than spindles if u lookup the accesories the Exmark is better [more options ]

8. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Correct me if I am incorrect, but I believe this is a striped down Turbo Force deck. It is the full 5.5 inches deep, but without the bull bumper and the adjustable baffles. Spindles should be the Turbo Force type, that are built like a brick s##t house. Overall its a strong deck by looking at it.

9. tomo

hello, i suspect the pics r 2x different deck sizes exmark is 34 inch deck,toro 40 inch giving the impression the toro has greater trim .The smaller decks 34" have smaller wheels The 40" toro / exmark 44 both have larger rear wheels .

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Another toro rip off. you cannot adjust the deck up and down like on the phazer.

I would measure the deck depth before buying it.