1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Z425 Stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by LsmithIII, Jun 19, 2008.

1. LsmithIII

LsmithIII LawnSite Member

These are some of the stripes I've been making with my John Deere Z425 48" Residential.

2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

They look good.
  3. TheKingOfLawns

TheKingOfLawns LawnSite Member

Nice job striping around the dog, that had to be a challange! :laugh:
  4. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great cute dog to.
  5. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice lines. Are you running a stripe kit?
  6. LsmithIII

LsmithIII LawnSite Member

No, last year I made a striping attachment that striped really good, but I had to raise it everytime I backed up, (not worth the trouble). Then I bought a 48" wide brush I was going to mount to the deck as a striper, but I never came up with a good way to attach it. I've also tried a few different methods of dragging chains which works ok as long as they're not too long. I just noticed this year, that John Deere has a striping kit for my mower, its a brush, just like the one I bought, but it comes with its own mounting bracket. It costs about $100 bucks, not too bad, a roller kit would probably be better though. Eventually I'll either make or purchase a really good roller type stripe kit, but right now the mower does a pretty darn good job all by itself.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

looks really good!
  8. tls22

tls22 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work!:weightlifter:
  9. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the brush kit yesterday and here's the results on my very dry stressed grass.
  10. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

i love my dad's 23/48 z425. it has more power than my grandfathers JD790 w/ a grooming mower in 6-8inch, thick grass. LOVE IT!!!