Zahn 230/300

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike from Canada, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Mike from Canada

Mike from Canada LawnSite Member

Any guys that plow owned one of these babies! Would like some feedback on your experience with it, tracks or tires? compared to a 255. I'm looking at buying one:canadaflag:
  2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I never used one but they look kind of lame.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I havent seen a zahn , but I can tell yyou that the 255 doesnt impress me , first its a gas engine , its a light machine ,it doesnt do well in hard or dry ground . It is a ok machine for small residential , but lacks the power or weight to pull anything bigger than 1 inch .
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

To operate the zahn one must work backwards looking over their shoulder. Pass
  5. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

Before I got out of irrigation, we were using the zahn 300. It had the weight-filled tires to add weight and it had no problem pulling 2 1-inch poly lines at once. As long as the blade was kept sharp, it could cut through tree roots up to 3" thick. The advantage to the zahn was getting in tight areas with it's smaller footprint as well as tight turning radius. Another advantage is the multi-purpose use it has, as the company just bought a snow thrower for it. Since we go over our lines to pack them down, the zahn is much quicker than the 255.