zd28

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jimsmowin, May 17, 2002.

1. jimsmowin

jimsmowin LawnSite Member

have 13 hours on machine. this thing is great. just thought i'd drop a line.

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a ZD28?

3. Jamie

Jamie LawnSite Member

I think it's a Kubota ZTR (?)

4. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

You are right it's a Kubota and they are mowing machines. I have 2 zd21's with 60" decks and lawn vacs and now own 2 zd28's with the the 72" decks. I really doubt there is a ztr out there that is as well built. Its hard to beat that liquid cooled diesel.

5. jimsmowin

jimsmowin LawnSite Member

this thing will stay on the side of a hill that i would've bet money that it would not. i should have bought 2 of them. my turf tiger didn't hold a candle to this mower.

6. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Just currious but do you see any hairline fractures around the anti scalp wheels on the mower deck?

7. Shumdit

Shumdit LawnSite Member

None apparent on my ZD21-60. Are you asking if the deck itself is fractured? I find that very unlikely, but nothing's impossible.

8. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

The only reason I ask is because there is a guy down here that has one that he bought last year and it is cracked on both sides were the scalp wheels are. I personally think that he just got a bad stamped deck.

9. Shumdit

Shumdit LawnSite Member

rwleigh,
    Is this guy with the problem the same guy you said had a blade clutch problem? If so it sounds like he must be rough on a machine, as I have yet to see anyone else besides you post a problem with these mowers.:confused:

10. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Actually yes he is the same guy, and yes he is hard on equipment. But as I said I was currious if this is a problem or not, because I have only seen three maybe four of these mowers in use.