Zech Stoker: 2013

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by zechstoker, Apr 1, 2013.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Irrigation restrictions here are always in effect and enforced, but we're still allowed to water 3 out of 7 days per week. Properties with a street address ending with an even number are allowed to water on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Properties with a street address ending with an odd number are allowed to water on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. If there's any other restrictions, I'm not familiar with them. I do know that all homes in town have been put on water meters, so they're being charged monthly for how much water they use.

2. zechstoker

Couple new pics from today. These ones are in gated communities.

CAM00254.jpg

CAM00256.jpg

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That grass is simply perfect....what kind is it? Are these above gnd irrigation or drip underground? And.........they just got around to putting water meters on homes:hammerhead::hammerhead: Looks like water rates must be very very low for people to be pounding the yard like it is. We can water for one day a week and most bills are over $300 per month. About 25K of water for 15K size lots. Thanks for posting we don't see many homes out west.

4. zechstoker

Most lawns on my route are one of two types: tall fescue or Bermuda. I have one that's red fescue, and it takes a severe beating from the sun during the summer months. Really gotta keep an eye on that one's irrigation system.

5. zechstoker

Forgot to mention the type of irrigation: I'm not sure of the exact terminology, but they all have irrigation lines under the lawn with pop-up sprinklers. Some people here use drip lines, but only in flowerbeds and planters. Only other type of irrigation I see around here is the occasional sprinkler that's attached to the old garden hose and tossed out on the lawn.

6. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Work looks good! keep the green grasses comin!

7. zechstoker

Thanks man, and will do!

8. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I just now realized your from Modesto, Im in that area from time to time.
    I go to Stockton about once a month.

9. You reel cut the Bermuda?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. zechstoker

Gotta love Stockton... lol
    The furthest north I go is Ripon. Route spans from Patterson to Oakdale (west to east) and from Ripon to Turlock (north to south). It's roughly a 30 mile radius that I cover from our office in Modesto.