1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"Zero" blade wear because there are no blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JOEWOOD, May 26, 2005.

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

that is silly.

hydrated clippings cause thatch and disease :rolleyes:

no blade wear, but how much does a new laser cost? payup

and what does this little gem cost? payup payup payup payup

and with a whole 20 inch cut width. Sounds like a great commercial mower. :alien: for Bizarro world.

Don't get me wrong, some day I would love to have a mower with light saber blades. But until then I will keep sharpening them and spewing fumes from my 60" mower.
  3. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

150 cm is 59 inches wide. Its bigger than you think, made for large turf areas. And it dehydrates the clippings to prevent mold and disease.

I'll bet you could buy a house for what one costs though.

No thanks. But still an idea of what the future holds.

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

OOPs bad math strikes again.
  5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a two-seater, can be driven on public roads, but has no room for trimmers and edgers and so on. How much does it weigh?

The use of a laser to cut grass is interesting, but that's the only thing about this rig that has any potential whatsoever.
  6. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

ok, the whole two seater thing...thats just rediculous, mowing w/ your transport vehicle is nuts, what happens when you break down?
    but the idea of cuttign w/ a laser is pretty slick...that is if it really works, i would think it does nothing but burns the grass off, which i would think would be bad when it gets all hot and dry. but, if it works, the Germans may be on to something here, i'd buy a walkbehind model, or ztr...but never a 2 seater. i'll keep my truck and trailer.